"4th Best Summer Weekend Escape" - USA Today Travel 2014
"10th Best Course You Can Play in Georgia - Achasta"
- Golfweek Magazine
"National Main Street City"
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
"Official Appalachian Trail Community"
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy 2010
"Georgia's Premier Sports Cycling Community"
- Georgia General Assembly Resolution 2005
"Dahlonega: Small-town Escape"
- Southern Living Magazine 2012
"Best Wine Town Runner Up, Southern Dream Towns"
- Garden & Gun Magazine 2012
"Site of First Major U.S. Gold Rush"
- Thousands of Miners, 1829-1849
You are invited to come watch on May 7, 2011 as some of the Army's finest soldiers demonstrate the skills and professionalism of the American Ranger. Equipment used by the US Army Rangers in carrying out their mission will also be on display, including helicopters, night vision devices, weapons, and parachutes. Visitors are able to see examples of the mountain phase of Ranger training and numerous displays.