Built by Goodman McGuire as his residence, he later sold it to buy another property. Mr. Sheldon L. Prater, a subsequent owner,added a small store building on the McGuire lot. In 1905 Mr. J. F. Moore purchased the property to provide a first home for his newly married son, Montie Moore. By 1914 the small Prater store had vanished from its original site. The McGuire House was the home of Mr. & Mrs. Dan Early from 1920 until their deaths in 1965.