The Stanton Storehouse was built on a portion of the old muster grounds. It was completed in 1884 by M. H. Stanton, a son-in-law of Col. Weir Boyd, who was one among many subsequent owners of the property. In 1900 the store house was purchased by the Dahlonega Consolidated Gold Mines with the intention of using the building as the company commissary. However, the building was almost immediately resold to T. S. Littlefield when the Consolidated obtained use of Hall's Block on the Public Square. After Mr. Littlefield's death in 1912 the building passed through a succession of owners and business tenants, including among others the parents of the present owners, for whom the store is remembered as "Mason's Produce."