The origin of the Little Shotgun is not documented. It occupies a part of the Strickland House lot. Examination of the construction reveals that it is composed of two small buildings put together. It is believed that the front half is the c1905 Prater Store moved a short distance from its site on the McGuire House lot. In any event this building in its present configuration has existed on its present site sometime prior to 1930 as shown in photographs. It has served as a home, a store, and currently as a law office.