A favorite amongst motorists, bicyclists, and motorcyclists, this route highlights the mountains and valleys of the Dahlonega area. From deep, wide valleys, to curvy mountain roads, this route has it all. Make sure to stop at Brasstown Bald, the highest point in Georgia, and check out a few of the waterfalls you pass along the way.
- Waterfalls: Cane Creek Falls, Dicks Creek Falls, DeSoto Falls, Helton Creek Falls, Dukes Creek Falls, Raven Cliff Falls
- Lakes: Lake Trahlyta, Lake Winfield Scott, Dockery Lake
- Scenic Areas: Yahoola Valley, Turners Corner, Suches Valley, Unicoi Gap
- Points of Interest & Historic Sites: Trahlyta's Grave at Stone Pile Gap, Mountain Crossings / Walasi-Yi Interpretive Center at Neels Gap, Vogel State Park, Byron Herbert Reece Farm & Heritage Center, Brasstown Bald (highest point in Georgia), Hogpen Gap, Woody Gap
- Off the Beaten Path: Venture just off course to visit Unicoi State Park, Anna Ruby Falls, and the Alpine village of Helen
Starting on the Dahlonega Square, head East on Main Street for 2 blocks. Turn left onto North Grove Street and continue for 2 miles. Turn left onto Camp Wahsega Road and continue for 3/4 mile. Turn right onto Black Mountain Road and continue for 6 miles. Continue straight onto Yahoola Road for 4 miles. Turn left onto Hwy 19 N and continue for 7 miles, staying right at Stone Pile Gap to continue on Hwy 19 N. At Turner's Corner, turn left onto Hwy 129 N and continue for 13 miles. Turn right onto SR 180 E and continue for 12.5 miles.Turn right onto Hwy 75/17 and continue for 10.5 miles. Turn right onto GA 75-Alt and continue for 2 miles. Turn right onto GA 348/Richard B Russell Scenic Hwy and continue for 14 miles. Turn left onto SR 180 E and continue for 1 mile. Turn left onto Hwy 129 S and continue for 2 miles. Turn right onto SR 180 W/Wolfpen Gap Road and continue for 11 miles. At Suches General Store, turn left onto Hwy 60 S and continue for 7 miles. Turn right at R-Ranch onto Stone Pile Gap Road and continue for 2 miles. Turn right onto Yahoola Road and continue for 2 miles. Continue straight onto Black Mountain Road for 6 miles. Turn left onto Camp Wahsega Road and continue for 3/4 mile. Turn right onto GA 60 S and continue for 2 miles. Turn right onto East Main Street and end at Dahlonega Square.
Scenic Drive Time:
3.5 hours (106 miles)