Three unique communities that showcase the history, culture and hospitality you seek. In Roswell, just twenty minutes north of Atlanta, tour beautiful and stately antebellum homes that survived the Civil War. Next, visit Dawsonville where you will learn about the making of moonshine and its link to early auto racing in Georgia. Get some hands-on time as you rediscover gold in Dahlonega, the site of the first major U.S. gold rush. This diverse history and culture blends with a backdrop of some of the finest natural settings in the state: The Chattahoochee River, Amicalola Falls, and the foothills and the majesty of the Southern Appalachian Mountains in North Georgia. Learn more at www.mansions-moonshine-goldmines.com.
- Begin your journey with a welcome reception at the Roswell Visitors Center and an abundance of Southern hospitality.
- Tour antebellum Bulloch Hall, the childhood home of President Theodore Roosevelt’s mother, Mittie Bulloch. Learn of the wedding that would captivate Margaret Mitchell who would interview the last living bridesmaid and write an extensive article about it for the Atlanta Journal.
- Explore historic Barrington Hall, one of Atlanta’s most beautiful homes and one of the finest examples of Greek Revival Temple Architecture in the United States.
- Check into Roswell hotel, receive Welcome Bag at check-in (compliments of the Roswell CVB).
- See why “foodies” love Roswell, as you enjoy dinner in one of our many fine restaurants.
- Experience professional theatre at the award winning Georgia Ensemble Theatre. Musical, mystery, drama or comedy, Georgia Ensemble has a reputation for delighting audiences.
- Breakfast at your hotel.
- Tour Smith Plantation Home (c. 1845), a wonderful example of life of an affluentfarm family complete with original furnishings and outbuildings.
- Shop the antique and specialty stores in Roswell’s Historic District with lunch at a tearoom, sidewalk café, or restaurant.
- Board the motorcoach for Dawsonville.
- Arrive at North Georgia Premium Outlets for an afternoon of impressive shopping and savings at 140 Outlet Stores. Upon arrival each visitor will receive a VIP Coupon Book.
- Check into Amicalola Falls State Park and Lodge and have dinner at the Maple Restaurant, known for its spectacular mountain views.
- Enjoy an evening of entertainment or a program available for guests.
- Breakfast at the Maple Restaurant.
- Tour of Amicalola Falls—a 729-foot falls and the tallest cascading waterfall east of the Mississippi.
- Arrive at the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame and the Dawsonville Moonshine Distillery.
- Tour the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame where you will find memorabilia from many famous NASCAR drivers including Bill Elliott.
- Next, enjoy a tour of the Moonshine Distillery led by master distillers, ending with a sample of their award-winning products.
- Enjoy lunch at the legendary Dawsonville Pool Room known for its auto racing theme, memorabilia, and the famous “Bully Burger.” It is a must-see for racing fans and history buffs
- Arrive at the Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Visitors Center.
- Visit the Dahlonega Gold Museum State Historic Site in the 1836 Old Lumpkin County Courthouse.
- Sample Dahlonega Wine Trail: Tour and Tasting at one or two of fiveaward-winning Vineyards & Wineries.
- Check into Dahlonega Hotel.
- Family-style, Southern fare dinner at the Historic Smith House with Gold Shaft Exhibit.
- Sample Dahlonega Art Trail: Historic Holly Theater performance, Crimson Moon Live Music Concert, or Music Venues and Art Galleries Walk.
- Breakfast at hotel or one of the local-flavored restaurants.
- Sample Gold Fever Package: Tours and Gold Panning at choice of Consolidated Gold Mines or Crisson Gold Mine.
- Explore and Lunch Dine-Around in National Registered Historic District shops and sites.
- Board the motorcoach to return home.